Irish National Student Survey
Irish National Student Survey users: to upload institutional data please click here.
Higher Education Statistics
To view 2011/2012 statistics, click here
To view 2010/2011 statistics, click here.
Summary Reports 2004/2005 - 2009/2010
Please find below summary reports for all HEA designated institutions for all levels. Full definitions and more detailed statisitcs can be found in the statistics pages underneath these summary enrolments.
2004/2005 2005/2006 2006/2007 Uni 07/08 IoT 07/08 Uni 08/09
- The majority of students entering Higher Education Institutions funded by the Higher Education Authority secure a place on a course by applying through the Central Applications Office (CAO).
- The Statistics Section has published a number of reports which review CAO application details.
- Students entering HEA funded institutions the first year of an undergraduate course for the first time are defined as new entrants.
- New Entrants provide important year on year information concerning the number of students entering third level education for the first time.
- All Students currently studying at a third level institution are defined as enrolments.
- When the undergraduate student progresses to a second or subsequent year of study or repeats a year,these statistics are categorised as undergraduate enrolments and include new entrant figures.
- When undergraduate students successfully complete an undergraduate course they graduate with a qualification in their field. These statistics can be viewed in undergraduate graduates of HEA institution.
The student details undergraduate graduates page provides information on gender and age, county of permanent residence by gender and domiciliary by age for all undergraduate graduates for 2007/2008 and subsequent years.
When the undergraduate student successfully completes an undergraduate course, they may decide to pursue a postgraduate course.
- These statistics are categorised in postgraduate enrolments.
- When the postgraduate student successfully completes an academic course they graduate with a qualification in their field. These statistics can be viewed in Postgraduate Graduates.
- The student details postgraduate graduate page provides information on gender and age, county of permanent residence by gender and domiciliary by age for 2007/2008 and subsequent years
(The publications section includes the First Destination Report for various years)
- Student Details statistics demonstrate the age, county of origin, residence type during term time, and country of origin for all full-time students enrolled in HEA institutions
- The Statistics Section produces a number of reports and papers analysing student statistics. Click here to view.
Annual Statistical Return
To view information on the Annual Statistical Return to the HEA, click here.
Information on Data Protection
To view information on Data Protection, click here.